Thursday 24 December 2020

Best of 2020


The blog has been running for four years now, and this is the first yearly roundup since I ended my target of updating once a week for as long as I could. Perhaps not coincidentally, I feel the hit rate of articles has been higher, and I had a harder time than usual narrowing them down to a list of my particular favourites. But I managed anyway.

Humongous Replay Value: The replay value of some computer games from the late nineties and early noughties is considered.
The News Quiz That Never Was: A theory that a missing episode of a radio panel game might never have actually been recorded at all. (NB: Ben Newsam's News Quiz archive has gone private since this was written, as has his similar I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue archive previously linked to on a few places here. If you drop him an e-mail he can sort things out.)
The War Games: Games based on licensed properties are often terrible. Here are some which aren't exceptions.
The Phantom of Ghastly Castle and Other Killer Puzzles: A review of some very difficult puzzle books released over twenty years ago.
Commentary on Some Commentary: Things apparently deleted from a Robot Wars computer game late in production.
Broken Gamebooks #18: Clash of the Princes: Two sets of adventure gamebook error analysis for the price of one.
28 on 4 / 28 on 4 2: What I thought might be cut from Channel 4's premiere of a four-year-old season of The Simpsons, and what actually was cut from the same.

Have as happy a Christmas as you can in the current circumstances, and see you again in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment