Monday 2 January 2017

My Favourite Simpsons Fact Ever


This was salvaged from a much longer post which I decided midway through writing was unusable, but it's something I like so much I still want to post it.

In the 1996 episode of The Simpsons "Two Bad Neighbors", in which former president George H.W. Bush moves in across the road from Our Favourite Family, Homer tries (and succeeds) to trick Bush into leaving his house by placing the two cardboard cutouts pictured above on his front lawn, ringing the doorbell and saying "It's your sons, Jeb and George Bush Jr!"

The writers had no idea that George W. Bush (then Governor of Texas) even existed at that point. The line was meant to be an example of Homer being stupid. This is, for whatever reason, probably my favourite fact there is about The Simpsons.

No comments:

Post a Comment