Sunday 6 August 2017

Now That's What I Call One Song to the Tune of Another




Here’s one of the great baffling questions of radio comedy: Why has there never been an I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue compilation release, made up purely of the very best examples of One Song to the Tune of Another?

Just to prove such a release would work, I have come up with my own tracklist for it, consisting of my favourite examples from the show:


1.       “The Marrow Song” to the tune of “Holding Out for a Hero” (Miles Jupp)
2.       “Bob the Builder” to the tune of “I Dreamed a Dream” (Victoria Wood)
3.       “I’m Too Sexy” to the tune of “Frere Jacques” (Graeme Garden)
4.       “Gangnam Style” to the tune of “Ode to Joy” (Tony Hawks)
5.       “The Laughing Policeman” to the tune of “Delilah” (Ross Noble)
6.       “My Humps” to the tune of “I Vow to Thee My Country” (Jeremy Hardy)
7.       “Gordon is a Moron” to the tune of “The Girl from Ipanema” (David Mitchell)
8.       “Theme from Spiderman” to the tune of “Brahms’ Lullaby” (Jeremy Hardy)
9.       “A Whiter Shade of Pale” to the tune of the theme from “The Muppet Show” (David Mitchell)
10.   “Anarchy in the UK” to the tune of “Singin’ in the Rain” (Barry Cryer)
11.   “Psycho Killer” to the tune of “Ruler of the Queen’s Navy” (Tim Brooke-Taylor)
12.   “Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mr Hitler?” to the tune of “Yesterday Once More” (Rob Brydon)
13.   “LDN” to the tune of “My Grandfather’s Clock” (Graeme Garden)
14.   “Creep” to the tune of “There’s No One Quite Like Grandma” (Jeremy Hardy)
15.   “My Way” to the tune of “The Liberty Bell March” (Graeme Garden)
16.   “Teenage Kicks” to the tune of “Jerusalem” (Jeremy Hardy)
17.   “Girlfriend in a Coma” to the tune of “Tiptoe Through the Tulips” (Tony Hawks)
18.   “Bob the Builder” to the tune of “The Girl from Ipanema” (Barry Cryer)
19.   The theme from “The Muppet Show” to the tune of “A Whiter Shade of Pale” (Tony Hawks)
20.   The theme from “The Flintstones” to the tune of “My Way” (Graeme Garden)
21.   “The Ugly Duckling” to the tune of “My Way” (Harry Hill)
22.   “Blame It on the Boogie” to the tune of “Scotland the Brave” (Barry Cryer)
23.   “We’ll Gather Lilacs” to the tune of the theme from “Hawaii 5-O” (Jeremy Hardy)
24.   “Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?” to the tune of “Close to You” (Tony Hawks)
25.   “Barbara Ann” to the tune of the theme from “Swan Lake” (Graeme Garden)
26.   “Postman Pat” to the tune of “Habanera” (Barry Cryer)
27.   “My Old Man’s a Dustman” to the tune of “The Girl from Ipanema” (Willie Rushton)
28.   “A Whiter Shade of Pale” to the tune of “My Old Man’s a Dustman” (Willie Rushton)
29.   “Kung Fu Fighting” to the tune of “Scarborough Fair” (Jeremy Hardy)
30.   “Stand by Me” to the tune of the William Tell Overture (Paul Merton)
31.   “I Will Survive” to the tune of “Over the Rainbow” (Tim Brooke-Taylor)
32.   “When I’m Cleaning Windows” to the tune of “Walking in the Air” (Graeme Garden)
33.   “Psycho Killer” to the tune of “Save Your Love” (Linda Smith)
34.   “Theme from Shaft” to the tune of “My Grandfather’s Clock” (Graeme Garden)
35.   “Cocaine” to the tune of “The White Cliffs of Dover” (Willie Rushton)
36.   “Christopher Robin is Saying His Prayers” to the tune of “One of Those Songs” (Willie Rushton)

No comments:

Post a Comment