Sunday 18 August 2019

Some Hints for Don't Escape 4


I think Don't Escape 4, released on Steam earlier this year, is an absolutely terrific point-and-click survival horror game, and you should all buy it immediately. (The three preceding games, previously released online, are also available to buy for Steam, and are worth picking up given the imminent demise of Flash.)

However, when I played the game on its release, there were a few puzzles I got stuck on, and after a few hours of much pointing and clicking and failing to work them out, I was forced to consult the Internet... and the only help available to me was in the form of full, complete walkthroughs, which did end up telling me rather more than I wanted to know when all I needed was a slight nudge in the right direction. So I thought I'd come up with my own list of suitably vague hints for the game.

Right, these are ordered roughly chronologically (although there may be some variance, what with free will and all), although the game has several story branches so some of them may not apply to your playthrough.

Day 1
Duct tape fixes everything.

Think very carefully about the windows.

Fix the bridge now, you might not get a better chance later.

Day 2
Try getting someone to distract him.

Stick the pipe in there.

Look for an alternative shelter.

Extension cords.

Think very carefully about what you put on the fire, and in what order.

Day 3
Vents.

Go check an area you couldn't get into yesterday.

Keep trying all the dialogue options with Sarge - you may need to try saying certain things in a specific order. If a new puzzle comes up in his vicinity, talk to him again and see if any new options have appeared.

Extension cords. Again. Think about it.

Go for a dig.

Just wrap it round the chimney.

If you get the acid rain path on this day, you need to go back to another area on day 4, even if there doesn't seem to be any reason to do so at first.

Day 4
Check the cockpit first. (If you can't see what this is meant to refer to, try fiddling about with the entrance to this day's new area.)

You only need to take one thing with you, and it should be obvious what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment